How to Prepare Matcha Tea?
- Boil water to approximately 75 degrees C to 80 degrees C (165 degrees F to 180 degrees F), under boiling point. Use it to preheat the bowl.
- Discard it and dry the bowl very carefully. Make sure you keep in a separate bowl about 70ml of the hot water if you are preparing Usucha, or 40ml for Koicha.
- Measure ½ to 2 scoops of powder for Usucha and 3 to 4 scoops for Koicha. Add it to the bowl. Use a strainer to make sure it is as fine as can be.
- Pour hot water into the bowl. Whisk it rapidly to dissolve the powdered tea completely. Make sure the water temperature is still between 70ºC – 80ºC.
- Whisk it in "W" movements, if you wish to drink Usucha, until a thick froth with several bubbles emerges. If you prefer Koicha, try whisking it in circular movements to obtain a smoother mixture, with no froth, traditionally a bamboo whisk is used which helps suspend the matcha tea. Zen Green Tea.com.au shows the bamboo whisk.
- Drink it immediately. Savour the amazing green tea antioxidants flowing through your body.
- For the following brews let the tea warm to room temperature before starting.
- Always use spring water to brew this tea. It will protect its flavour.
- Place the matcha powder in the refrigerator in an airtight container to keep it fresh and consume it within 2 to 4 weeks after opening.
How to Prepare Chamellia Matcha Green Tea
The Teaguy Introduces how to prepare traditional Matcha