What is served at Afternoon Tea?
Afternoon tea is a tradition we all love to indulge in - from scones to cakes, from sandwiches to loaves, we all have our favourite afternoon tea staple that we can't do without!
We've got lots of afternoon tea recipes for the ultimate afternoon tea party, from classic sandwiches to cake recipes worthy of fine china.
Things you will need to host afternoon tea:
- Plates and bowls: Go for a matching set or a mixture of decorative plates to set the scene.
- Tea pot and tea cups: No afternoon tea is complete without a classic tea pot and some tea cups.
- Tea (of course) and other drinks including hot chocolate, coffee or champagne, if it's a special occasion.
- Cutlery: You'll need everything from a cake knife to teaspoons for spooning on the clotted cream.
- Napkins and doilies: Napkins for mess and doilies for decoration.
- Cake stand: Cake stands are a great way of showing off your bakes and making them look extra fancy. A wooden chopping board or large serving plate would work just as well if you don't have cake stands.
- Flowers: Make your spread look fresh and vibrant by adding pretty flowers to the mix.
- Menu: You could push the boat out and make your own afternoon tea menu, your family will love it!
Afternoon Tea at the Peninsula Shanghai Hotel
Afternoon Tea at The Peninsula in Hong Kong
PDF Afternoon Tea at the Arboretum Free Books